As North America reports a dramatic rise in advanced-stage cancer cases, experts are saying that major breakthroughs in oncology could make now the best time in human history to get cancer.
According to Miyo Yamashita, President and CEO of The Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation, in the last five to 10 years, our understanding of cancer has surpassed what we learned in the preceding 50 years.
Yamashita emphasized progress in molecular research, genomic sequencing, and personalized therapies surpassing conventional methods like surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy.
For cancer survivor Jenny Young, precision medicine has been life changing. Unlike one-size-fits-all treatments, precision medicines consider genetic variabilities in individual cancer cases.
At 41, she discovered a lethal tumor during a post-wedding world tour. Initially attributing symptoms to exhaustion, declining health led her to seek medical assistance.
Despite a stage four cancer diagnosis, traditionally deemed terminal, recent breakthroughs in cancer care altered Young's prognosis. Treatment options extended her life beyond the initial four to six weeks projected by doctors, challenging the perception of her survival as a mere miracle.
The answer was a life-saving cancer medicine called Osimertinib, marketed under the brand name Tagrisso. The medication works by attaching to a EGFR protein in cancer cells and stopping its activity, which helps prevent the cancer from growing.
Young has been taking the medication for four years now and while it won't cure her, it can effectively contain the issue for the time being. Acknowledging the pervasive impact of cancer, she expressed hope in innovative treatments, citing clinical trials.
Among the companies developing therapies for the expanding oncology market is Defence Therapeutics Inc. (CSE:DTC) (OTC:DTCFF), a Canadian biopharmaceutical company specializing in cancer vaccines and drug delivery technologies. The company collaborates with the academic laboratory of Dr. Moutih Rafei, a globally recognized expert in immuno-oncology, to advance the development of next-generation vaccines and Antibody-Drug Conjugate (ADC) products.
At the heart of Defence Therapeutics platform is its ACCUM technology, which enables precision delivery of vaccine antigens to target cells, enhancing the effectiveness and strength of treatments against severe illnesses like cancer and infectious diseases. This innovative technology has demonstrated the capability to deliver treatments at a rate ten times faster than other approved solutions, marking a significant advancement in the field.
Defence Therapeutics Submits IND to the FDA for Anti Cancer Drug
On November 14, Defence Therapeutics Inc. (CSE:DTC) (OTC:DTCFF) hit a major milestone with the successful submission of an Investigational New Drug (IND) application to the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for its injectable anticancer molecule AccuTOX for the treatment of solid tumors.
AccuTOX, evolving from the original Accum molecule, combats cancer by disrupting cell processes, blocking DNA repair in cancer cells, and triggering a cell death that activates the immune system. In studies led by Dr. Moutih Rafei, AccuTOX significantly reduced tumor growth in animals, achieving a survival rate of 70-100% in cases of lymphoma, melanoma, and breast cancer.
The IND application for Defence Therapeutics' AccuTOX includes comprehensive data on its pharmacological effects, safety in both laboratory and animal cancer models, and details on its production for human clinical trials. This application is aimed at demonstrating to the FDA the safety of AccuTOX for initial human administration.
With FDA approval, Defence Therapeutics could begin Phase I clinical trials as early as the first or second quarter of 2024.
1) The author of the Article, or members of the authors immediate household or family, do not own any securities of the companies set forth in this Article. The author determined which companies would be included in this article based on research and understanding of the sector.
2) The Article was issued on behalf of and sponsored by, Defence Therapeutics Inc. Market Jar Media Inc. has or expects to receive from Defence Therapeutics Inc.s Digital Marketing Agency of Record (Native Ads Inc.) ninety six thousand five hundred US dollars for 30 days (21 business days).
3) Statements and opinions expressed are the opinions of the author and not Market Jar Media Inc., its directors or officers. The author is wholly responsible for the validity of the statements. The author was not paid by Market Jar Media Inc. for this Article. Market Jar Media Inc. was not paid by the author to publish or syndicate this Article. Market Jar has not independently verified or otherwise investigated all such information. None of Market Jar or any of their respective affiliates, guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any such information. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security. Market Jar Media Inc. requires contributing authors to disclose any shareholdings in, or economic relationships with, companies that they write about. Market Jar Media Inc. relies upon the authors to accurately provide this information and Market Jar Media Inc. has no means of verifying its accuracy.
5) Market Jar Media Inc. and its respective directors, officers and employees hold no shares for any company mentioned in the Article.
6) This document contains forward-looking information and forward-looking statements, within the meaning of applicable Canadian securities legislation, (collectively, forward-looking statements), which reflect management's expectations regarding Defence Therapeutics Inc.s future growth, future business plans and opportunities, expected activities, and other statements about future events, results or performance. Wherever possible, words such as predicts, projects, targets, plans, expects, does not expect, budget, scheduled, estimates, forecasts, anticipate or does not anticipate, believe, intend and similar expressions or statements that certain actions, events or results may, could, would, might or will be taken, occur or be achieved, or the negative or grammatical variation thereof or other variations thereof, or comparable terminology have been used to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements include, among other things, statements relating to: (a) revenue generating potential with respect to Defence Therapeutics Inc.s industry; (b) market opportunity; (c) Defence Therapeutics Inc.s business plans and strategies; (d) services that Defence Therapeutics Inc. intends to offer; (e) Defence Therapeutics Inc.s milestone projections and targets; (f) Defence Therapeutics Inc.s expectations regarding receipt of approval for regulatory applications; (g) Defence Therapeutics Inc.s intentions to expand into other jurisdictions including the timeline expectations relating to those expansion plans; and (h) Defence Therapeutics Inc.s expectations with regarding its ability to deliver shareholder value. Forward-looking statements are not a guarantee of future performance and are based upon a number of estimates and assumptions of management in light of managements experience and perception of trends, current conditions and expected developments, as well as other factors that management believes to be relevant and reasonable in the circumstances, as of the date of this document including, without limitation, assumptions about: (a) the ability to raise any necessary additional capital on reasonable terms to execute Defence Therapeutics Inc.s business plan; (b) that general business and economic conditions will not change in a material adverse manner; (c) Defence Therapeutics Inc.s ability to procure equipment and operating supplies in sufficient quantities and on a timely basis; (d) the accuracy of budgeted costs and expenditures; (e) Defence Therapeutics Inc.s ability to attract and retain skilled personnel; (f) political and regulatory stability; (g) the receipt of governmental, regulatory and third-party approvals, licenses and permits on favorable terms; (h) changes in applicable legislation; (i) stability in financial and capital markets; and (j) expectations regarding the level of disruption to as a result of CV-19. Such forward-looking information involves a variety of known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual plans, intentions, activities, results, performance or achievements of Defence Therapeutics Inc. to be materially different from any future plans, intentions, activities, results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such risks include, without limitation: (a) Defence Therapeutics Inc.s operations could be adversely affected by possible future government legislation, policies and controls or by changes in applicable laws and regulations; (b) public health crises such as CV-19 may adversely impact Defence Therapeutics Inc.s business; (c) the volatility of global capital markets; (d) political instability and changes to the regulations governing Defence Therapeutics Inc.s business operations (e) Defence Therapeutics Inc. may be unable to implement its growth strategy; and (f) increased competition.Except as required by law, Defence Therapeutics Inc. undertakes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future event or otherwise, after the date on which the statements are made or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events. Neither does Defence Therapeutics Inc. nor any of its representatives make any representation or warranty, express or implied, as to the accuracy, sufficiency or completeness of the information in this document. Neither Defence Therapeutics Inc. nor any of its representatives shall have any liability whatsoever, under contract, tort, trust or otherwise, to you or any person resulting from the use of the information in this document by you or any of your representatives or for omissions from the information in this document.
7) Any graphs, tables or other information demonstrating the historical performance or current or historical attributes of Defence Therapeutics Inc. or any other entity contained in this document are intended only to illustrate historical performance or current or historical attributes of Defence Therapeutics Inc. or such entities and are not necessarily indicative of future performance of Defence Therapeutics Inc. or such entities.
8) Investing is risky. The information provided in this article should not be considered as a substitute for professional financial consultation. Users should be aware that investing in any form carries inherent risks, and as such, there is a possibility of losing some or all of their investment. The value of investments can fluctuate significantly within a short period, and investors must understand that past performance is not indicative of future results. Additionally, users should exercise caution as transactions involving investments may be irreversible, even in cases of fraud or accidental actions. It is crucial to acknowledge that rapidly evolving laws and technical issues can have adverse effects on the usability, transferability, exchangeability, and value of investments. Furthermore, users must be cognizant of potential security risks associated with their investment activities. Individuals are strongly encouraged to conduct thorough research, seek professional advice, and carefully evaluate their risk tolerance before engaging in any investment endeavors. Market Jar Media Inc. is neither an investment adviser nor a broker-dealer. The information presented on the website is provided for informative purposes only and is not to be treated as a recommendation to make any specific investment. No such information on PressReach.com constitutes advice or a recommendation.
View source version on newsdirect.com: https://newsdirect.com/news/precision-medicine-helps-conquer-advanced-stage-cancer-886618434
Disclaimer: The views, suggestions, and opinions expressed here are the sole responsibility of the experts. No Marketwise Analytics journalist was involved in the writing and production of this article.